Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moon River

Moon River has been stuck in my head for two days now....I wouldn't mind, except for the fact that I don't know all the words...so I'm mostly just humming the same melody on repeat.
I'm gonna look the words up.
Here we go:

"Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me"

I like it!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Hamilton, Ontario for the weekend to record some new songs with two great producers, and a fantastic musician named Julian Brown (Apostle of Hustle)! I'm quite excited, and also quite nervous...but I feel like this is the right timing, and I'm more than happy to plunge deeper into the universe of music.

So, since I don't believe in luck, wish me peace! Or wish me joy! Or anything good, really.

I'm going to spend this day preparing for the weekend by singing, praying, and sitting outside in a snow bank sun-basking.

Be well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment